"...On the specs alone it's an impressive horn. The build quality, the setup and the whole package adds up to a very credible pro-quality instrument - and when you factor in the feel, the tone and the response I think it's fair to say that the RAW XS raises the standard for the 21st century alto. .....Stephen Howard...Author of the Haynes Saxophone Manual
As an advanced and professional sax player you will have experience of playing saxophones made of different metals and finishes. The Signature Custom saxophone aims to bridge the gap between what the player 'demands' in their 'Horn' and what the manufacturer supplies in return.
The 'RAW' and 'RAW XS' TJ Signature Custom saxophone were launched in 2012 following more than 2 years of testing, discussion and research with sax players around the world who wanted a genuine vintage sound along with an aged look to their instrument. Unlike many other Companies who simply apply a coloured finish to the instrument to give it the appearance of being old, we have simply taken the saxophone in it's raw manufactured condition and added the mechanism. So when we say the instrument is RAW...it really is!!
The result?....An instrument with a wide amount of tonal colours, sound options and flexibility which is more personal, more advanced and unlike any other!
The most popular model is the RAW and RAW XS which are designed to 'age' and look like a 'vintage' horn very quickly.
The 'Raw' XS saxophone undergoes extra (XS) hand buffing to the body and mechanism which as sax players tell us "gives it a stunning and yet realisitic old sax look" compared to the standard 'RAW' sax model which is visibly darker throughout. For details of the limited addtional finished other than 'RAW' and 'RAW XS' click on the options bar below.
Visit our dedicated TJ Signature Custom sax website for more information on this award wining horn! www.rawsaxophones.com
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before you play your sax.
2. Don't use Chlorine based sanitisers on your instrument. The components in chlorine based sanitizers could cause corrosion, deterioration and/or tarnishing of the metal and might also tarnish and loosen the lacquer.
3. Make sure your fingers are dry after santising your hands and before you play your instrument.
4. Don't share your mouthpiece / instrument with another person.
5. Make sure your clean your mouthpiece thoroughly after playing.
6. Put any wet cleaning / internal drying cloths in to a plastic bag straight after playing. Wash the cloths as soon as possible and discard the plastic bag.
TJ sax warranty (click here)